Bear Family 18006
Live At The Star-Club Hamburg (180gram vinyl)
- In poll after poll, this LP is hailed as one of the greatest records of all time.
- Quite possibly the greatest live recording ever.
- And now this 1964 classic makes a welcome reappearance on vinyl.
- Jerry Lee was never on better form, and his backing group, the Nashville Teens, are STILL trying to catch up with him.
- Jerry Lee went from one classic to another.
- His reading of Your Cheating Heart is still definitive, and Whole Lotta Shakin’ is quite possibly the greatest-ever version.
Fortyfive years later, we can re-live that night on the Reeperbahn. For those who bought the original LP, Bear Family’s remastering will enable you to listen to it anew, for those who missed it, there’s no excuse now.
As a bonus, Bear Family has included one song, Down The Line, missing from the original LP. And: when you open the gate-fold cover, there’s a large street map (60 x 60cm / 24 x 24) of Hamburg’s St. Pauli quarter showing the Reeperbahn and Star-Club. This exclusive full-color graphic was designed by Ulf Harten, a well-known artist and friend of Bear Family.
001 Mean Woman Blues
002 High School Confidential
005 What’d I Say û Part 1
006 What’d I Say û Part 2
007 Great Balls Of Fire
008 Good Golly, Miss Molly
009 Lewis’ Boogie
010 Your Cheating Heart
011 Hound Dog
012 Long, Tall Sally
013 Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On
014 Down The Line