1-CD (Digipac) with 36-page booklet – 33 Tracks – Total playing time: 76:00
• An extremely unique compilation of originals and rare cover versions of famous Elvis tunes!
• This first volume puts the spotlight on songs that Elvis also recorded in-between 1954 and 1958.
• Special rare recordings are included such as demos, live recordings from the decade, and unheard material.
• Some of Elvis’ colleagues at SUN like Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Sonny Burgess, Vernon Taylor and Mack Allen Smith are also included!
• The compilation also presents rare British Rock ‘n’ Rollers with their versions of Elvis songs!
• We have of course some originals that Elvis influenced. The Eagles with Tryin’ To Get To You and Freddie Bell’s version of Hound Dog!
• Some of the tracks never appeared on CD before! There’s Carl Perkins live on TV in 1956 with Blue Suede Shoes. Mickie Most with Paralyzed, recorded in South Africa and Dorothy Collins live at ‘Your Hit Parade’!
• Crooners, rockers, R&B acts, all influenced by Elvis Presley, plus songs that Elvis influenced himself!
Where did young Elvis Presley got his inspirations from?
This is the main question behind the concept for this compilation. Elvis Presley’s musical style and his stage performance was as unique as it can be but even Elvis Presley is not free from influences by other musicians and situations! We want to light up its darkness around this question with this first volume of the Elvis Presley connection and we did find musical answers!
How much did Elvis Presley influence the music world in the 1950s?
This is the next question we examine with this compilation. How did other performers react on Elvis Presley in the 50s, also those who hailed from other genres like pop or jazz? How got musicians from other countries than the US triggered by Elvis’ blast in ’56? Listen to this unique compilation and you get the answers!
01 Good Rockin’ Tonight (Demo) Clyde Stacy
02 Just Because The Shelton Brothers
03 Baby Let’s Play House Vince Everett
04 Mystery Train Vernon Taylor
05 Tryin’ To Get To You The Eagles
06 Heartbreak Hotel Hank Smith & The Nashville Playboys
07 Money Honey Gary Engel & The Tophatters
08 Blue Suede Shoes (Live TV Broadcast) Carl Perkins
09 My Baby Left Me Loren Becker
10 So Glad You’re Mine Sonny Burgess & The Pacers
11 I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry Over You Roy Hamilton
12 Hound Dog Freddie Bell & The Bellboys
13 Don’t Be Cruel Jerry Lee Lewis
14 Love Me Billy Williams Quartet
15 Paralyzed Mickie Most & His Playboys
16 Too Much (Live TV Broadcast) Dorothy Collins
17 Ready Teddy Tony Sheridan & The Beat Brothers
18 Got A Lot O’ Livin’ To Do (Live Radio Broadcast) Lucy Lynn
19 All Shook Up David Hill
20 Mean Woman Blues Colin Hicks & His Cabin Boys
21 (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear Shorty Mitchell
22 Hot Dog Young Jessie
23 I Beg Of You Jimmy Lane
24 Jailhouse Rock Earl Robbins with Dave Remington & His Orchestra
25 (You’re So Square) Baby, I Don’t Care Rodney Scott
26 Hard Headed Woman Paul Rich
27 Trouble Vince Taylor & The Playboys
28 King Creole Dick Penrose
29 Crawfish Thursday’s Children
30 Lover Doll Lonnie Lee
31 Young Dreams Mack Allen Smith
32 Wear My Ring Around Your Neck Jimmy Lane
33 I Need Your Love Tonight Col Joye & The Joy Boys